Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Fatal Downward Spiral

   Well it's been awhile, and this entry has nothing to do with parties or costumes, but going to the ER and hearing pretty lousy news made me need to vent stuff out. I went because I woke up having these extremely painful bladder spasms, without my bladder emptying. Naturally by the time the doctors got to me I had finally gone to the bathroom but I still needed to stay because we needed to talk about why it happened at all.
 
 Basically it all comes down to needing to get hugely more active and somehow lessening my pain pill intake. And naturally nobody healthy, like the doctor, has any idea how monumentally difficult that is. But unfortunately he's also totally right. I knew this all before-hand of course but being in the ER and hearing him bluntly say "If things keep going the way they are you'll gather more and more problems and won't have a long life," kind of hammered it home hard. So of course I'm scared out of my mind. I'll be much more violent in my efforts to get better now but it will definitely take a lot of support from the divine. I am sorely under-qualified to do it by myself.

Here's what I mean:
- How do you stay up on your feet when the nerves (from fibromyalgia) are so sensitive that being on them for 5 minutes causes pain in the soles? When it feels like you've been walking barefoot on hard rock for hours.
- How do you move around when your stomach is so nauseas all the time? Who wants to move when they feel they'll throw up?
- Then there's the chronic pain. And how it's unusually magnified when you push your body just a tiny too far.
- And then there's all the flues you catch so easily.
- Not to mention when you get this bizarre numb/tingling I sometimes get which no doctor quite understands yet. Though I'm pretty dang sure it is related to the intestines.
- And lastly, but far from least, is how severe chronic anxiety is attacking you ALL the time.
- So how does a person be, and consitently stay, active when all this is often going on at the same time?
  
   That's why it's so hard. That's why I'm so scared. But unfortunately it doesn't matter how many valid excuses I have, I have to win at it or I'll only get more problems and I won't live to an old age.

   There's nothing like all this to make me desperate to get all the heavenly help I can. So I would desperately appreciate your prayers and any inclusion in your fasting that I can get.
   
The only light-hearted thing I can say for now, is that it's too bad I can't normally get the same amount of attention from an attractive guy than I did when sitting in the waiting room of the ER. I found the cute guy with an injured leg looking at me every time I looked his direction. But that was probably because I kept showing severe discomfort. Digging my fingers in the armrest of my wheelchair in pain. Even if it was horrified fascination on his part, it made the wait slightly more bearable. ;)

2 comments:

  1. We will pray for you and Fast for you Ang. A lot of the time the lords help comes from the hand of those in your life, they can be your angels. I will support you always, I hope you know that. Come exercise in my house anytime. We can go on small walks with the kids if you like. I pray that others in your life will help you to find the motivation to prolong your life. I don't want you dying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To say the least, you matter a lot to me; I will do everything I can to help you. Me and Cheriss pray for you.

    ReplyDelete